Acumen Academy is seeking a Senior Associate with 5 – 7 years of professional experience to help with the ongoing design and operations of our growing online curriculum. This is a great opportunity for a strong writer and communicator. This role is located in NY or London.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the determination and grit to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. Anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, can access the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 800+ Fellows and over 700,000 course takers in 197 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy. Explore Acumen Academy
About the role
We are growing our course library to further support social entrepreneurs and innovators. This role will have the opportunity to create a range of new online courses and learning experiences and support ongoing improvements to existing curriculum.
- Research course topics to support social entrepreneurs and synthesize information from a range of sources including books, articles, expert interviews, learner interviews, and multimedia to define learning objectives and develop curricula
- Understand the needs of our learners, draw upon extensive user research that has already been documented by our team and add new insights specific to the courses you build
- Develop and update learning materials including, but not limited to, instructional videos, readings, case studies, workshop guides, practical assignments and facilitator guides
- Support design of blended learning experiences
- Co-develop new online learning formats including courses, virtual accelerator models, and closed cohort leadership development programs
- Build courses across a range of online learning platforms: NovoEd, Thinkific, Teachable, Udemy, etc.
- Develop and implement ways to measure and monitor in-course activity and identify areas to improve learning design
- Coordinate course operations to ensure courses start and end on time, monitor and document recurring issues, identify solutions and ways to streamline processes
- Contribute to content marketing by producing blog pieces, webinars, and other resources to share ideas from our courses more broadly
- Manage film shoots and the editing process for course videos
Skills and qualifications
- A strong writer with 5-7 years of experience and at least 3 years of designing learning content and experiences. Individuals with experience in developing engaging written and multimedia content through roles in communications, marketing or other content creation are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with learning design, pedagogy, curriculum development, online course production and facilitation
- Work experience in the Global South
- Experience conducting user research for educational products
- Experience developing digital content and ability to quickly learn new platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of business skills important to social entrepreneurs
- Detail-oriented project manager
- Critical thinker accustomed to working, problem solving, and collaborating thoughtfully with different colleagues and personalities, at all levels both externally and internally, and across a variety of functions and geographies
- Experience working with online learning platforms (experience with NovoEd and Teachable platforms a plus)
- Bonus: Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in US or UK
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.