Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
We are looking for a motivated and talented full stack software engineer to contribute to design and development of our backend services and websites. Working closely with a small team, the ideal candidate will make impactful decisions on the future of Earnin.
What sets us apart:
- Solving unique scalability challenges in a challenging and difficult environment.
- We’re genuinely building a product that helps people not get taken advantage of.
- High impact roles at a relatively small company that’s aggressively growing our user base.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will:
- Build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements. These features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Design a solution with other engineers to fix a scalability problem and then implement it.
- Work cross functionally with other teams (product, marketing, analytics).
- Leverage a broad skill set and help us implement and learn new technologies quickly.
- Help shape our next generation platform.
- Own and drive development and delivery of key product features.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results.
- Design & deliver thoughtfully crafted REST apis to drive the interactions between our client applications and backend services.
- Debug production issues in across our services infrastructure and multiple levels of our stack.
- Design & implement features robust enough for our exploding scale. We use a wide range of technologies including ElasticSearch, Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, Kubernetes, EMR & other nosql databases.
- Drive the implementation of new features - break down complex problems into its bare essentials and create high quality, maintainable code.
Some skills we consider critical to being a Full Stack Engineer:
- Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years development experience in a work environment (in addition to internships/class projects)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experienced in using build tools and source code repository tools such as GIT, GitHub, Pull Request review, and Gitflow branch strategies
- Well experienced in developing and executing functional and integration tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- You think about distributed systems & services and care passionately about producing high quality code.
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.