Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
Earnin is seeking an experienced Business Development Lead to drive the strategy and execution of key partnerships in product, payments and broader initiatives.
The Business Development Lead will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and launching important strategic partnerships to support cross functional initiatives and accelerate Earnin’s growth. This is a high visibility, high impact role and an amazing opportunity if you are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, while conveying compelling value propositions internally and externally.
What you’ll do:
- Source, develop, negotiate and execute multifaceted complex partnership strategies for Earnin’s existing and/or emerging financial products, to align with and accelerate company goals.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop strategies to maximize partnership opportunities
- Establish yourself as a trusted business partner to cross functional internal stakeholders (Finance, Product, Engineering, Legal) and prioritize key initiatives.
- Fully own and manage deals from research, outreach, negotiation, and launch.
- Build and foster strong relationships with key external partners to drive Earnin’s competitive advantage , product/customer experience and accelerate growth.
- Stay abreast of key industry and competitive trends to inform strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years experience in product/fintech partnerships, business development, account management, strategic partnerships, or similar roles within a rapidly scaling and/or enterprise company
- Experience in fintech, payments strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of success, initiating and building complex financial/product partner initiatives from scratch to scale. Proven ability to build senior relationships and navigate external organizations
- You love taking the initiative and can drive multiple projects simultaneously through excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Expert negotiation skills with proven success understanding and executing high impact agreements and most aspects of the legal process
- Strong desire to tackle complicated and impactful business problems with ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.