Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
As the Senior HR Business Partner, you will provide support to various teams at Earnin. Perform a variety of duties to assist the People Operations department in the operation and execution of People processes, programs and functions in alignment with the Company’s overall principles to help create a results-oriented, high-performance work environment that values employees.
What You'll Do:
- Coach business group leadership on people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), strategic hiring, performance management, compensation recognition, and learning and development
- Partner with senior business leadership to define, execute, and track progress against org-specific people strategy objectives without undue bureaucracy
- Empower managers to build amazing teams through coaching and mentoring
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions
- Lead business groups through Earnin’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent development, succession planning initiatives, etc.).
- Partner with other HRBPs to effectively execute our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy
- Participate in the continual development of HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and learning & development
- Collaborate with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant HR experience in a fast-moving company. Experience should include a track record of employee relations, organization planning, talent management, compliance, culture development and coaching; able to speak to and navigate compensation, training and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, organizational development or related area preferred
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrable evidence that they can build relationships at all levels of the business, be trusted and known to always act with integrity
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative; Sense of urgency and can do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement while managing multiple priorities and tasks to make sound decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Fresh perspective: You are different and you value the differences which exist in our internal ecosystem; you have the ability to meld the best practices from the past with a fresh perspective on how we can do things not only differently and better than the past but also sets us apart from the companies we target for recruiting. You have the insight to know where we should be competitive and where we need to set the bar.
- Strong communicator: You will know when to escalate an issue and when to deal with it directly. You will partner with others in the People team to ensure programs and processes work for all locations.
- Culture Add: You are building and protecting Earnin’s culture nationwide, so you must be an extremely strong ambassador of our culture which extends from Palo Alto to Ohio and many places in between.