Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bills and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
Since Earnin is a mobile-only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, marketing, server engineering, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily and understand quickly any problems or issues that may arise on their account. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile-specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer-facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
What Sets Us Apart:
- We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes).
- Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry
Earnin is looking for a Mobile QA and Automation Engineer who is passionate about quality and automation. You will be creating, maintaining and automating test cases for the iOS and Android apps at Earnin. In addition, developing innovative tools to boost our testing efficiency, debug failures, and making it easy to communicate results with high level reports. You will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting test automation results. The ideal candidate will be technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
- 3+ years of experience working with mobile testing and automation
- Experience in mobile automation testing for iOS and Android Native Apps
- Manual testing, test organization and test execution and reporting
- Ability to formulate test strategies and methodologies
- Team-player attitude and the ability to work in a multi-tasking cross-collaborative fast-paced environment- driving other people for the common goal. Not being shy.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies quickly
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools
- QA Lead experience is a strong advantage
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required