Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
At Earnin we use data, technologies, and processes to continually improve the customer experience through better operations, programs, and tools. We are looking for a motivated team player to join the CX team to solve issues for community members and advocates at scale across multiple sites. You will be working directly with partners and internal teams (Customer Experience, Product, Analytics, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Legal & Compliance) and will define your success and make decisions based on data and feedback. You will develop conviction in your plan of action and inspire the team.
Tier 3 Technical Support provides assistance to our community members and partners. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling technical escalations from various sources (frontline agents, social media, executives), reproducing and reporting issues, and driving to resolution with product and engineering teams.
- Working cross-functionally and with our key strategic partners to create and deliver effective, efficient, and meaningful experiences for our community members.
- Creating and updating knowledge articles in our knowledge base.
- Advocating for our community and partnering with product and engineering teams to reduce product friction.
What You'll Do:
- Handle technical escalations, reproduce issues, and work with engineering to resolution as required.
- Help develop, standardize, and implement best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Surface feedback from frontline, specialist and data sciences teams as well as self analysis of incoming tickets, to understand the top trending issues and share actionable insights and recommendations on mitigating the top contact drivers.
- Provide continual evaluation of support processes and procedures and build a strong relationship with key strategic partners to ensure we create and deliver effective, efficient, and meaningful support experiences for our community members and support agents.
- Be a voice of the community and effectively communicate bugs, updates and information to product and engineering teams and collaborate on timely resolution of the issues.
- Work as a member of special or ongoing projects that are important to process improvement and scale.
- Become an Earnin certified knowledge writer to create knowledge articles for new and unknown issues and update existing articles as our products and processes evolve.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in Tier 3 level technical customer support with a track-record of high performance including problem-solving and complex troubleshooting.
- Flourish in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with teammates who are results oriented and fast thinkers.
- Insatiable appetite and willingness to learn and demonstrate a commitment to personal development by seeking out training opportunities and actively learning from teammates.
- Self-motivated to solve the issue and can act independently to prioritize and manage multiple issues at a time.
- Seek to overcome challenges and accept failure as an opportunity for improvement.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Exceptional listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve issues.
- Appropriate judgment in upward communication when concerned about processes, tools, the impact to agent or customer experience, or gaps around best practices.
- Proficient in MS Office/Google Workspace.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (preferably Zendesk) and practices.
- High volume software support experience via chat, email, and/or phone
- Experience with analyzing data, creating reports and dashboards
- Financial technology or US banking experience
- Bachelor's degree