Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will support the Product and G+A teams, as well as facilitate the execution of programs and projects to managers and employees company-wide. You will perform a variety of duties to assist the People Operations department in the operation and execution of People processes, programs, and functions in alignment with the Company’s overall principles to help create a results-oriented, high-performance work environment that values employees.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the primary Human Resources Business Partner for assigned workgroups
- Partner with Earnin leaders to attract, grow and retain top talent in order to meet business objectives.
- Provide expert insight into people and organizational issues and provide coaching to management on leading and managing their teams. This includes diagnosing organizational effectiveness issues, implementing solutions, driving performance, and building current and future leadership capability.
- Manage and constantly improve human resources processes and programs for the entire employee lifecycle with high attention to detail and creativity including performance management, recognition, retention, compensation, etc. This will require close collaboration and communication with other business partners, the broader People Ops and the recruiting team, and Earnin’s leaders.
- Ensure all of our activities are beautifully simple, subject to constant improvement and kept up-to-date in line with current legislation
- Foster relationships and partner with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, IT), other business partners, the broader People Ops team including our recruitment team to ensure an amazing employee experience
- Make informed recommendations on policies, systems, and structure that will benefit our business and ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws
Other projects include:
- Learning and development - In this role, you should be passionate about helping people learn and grow. You will help our employees advance their skills and knowledge.
- Culture and Values management - In this role, you should be passionate about furthering Earnin values. We value Ownership, Speed, Impact, Curious Truth Seeking, Multi Level Thinking, and most importantly, our People.
- Employee engagement - In this role, we want to ensure our work environment is best in class, and ensure our employees have meaningful work experiences.
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience in a fast-moving tech start-up is required. Experience should include a track record of employee relations, performance management, organization planning, culture development, coaching, and compliance; with the ability to speak to and navigate compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, organizational development or a related area preferred
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrable evidence that you can build relationships at all levels of the business, be trusted and be known to always act with integrity
- Tenacity and the ability to build from scratch are imperative; a sense of urgency and can-do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement while managing multiple priorities and tasks to make sound decisions and solve problems under pressure.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator. Must be able to build trust and rapport with employees and managers.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the employee and company.
- Must be able to travel from time to time to different Earnin locations in the US and Canada.
- Fresh perspective: You are different; you have the ability to meld the best practices from the past with a fresh perspective on how we can do things not only different and better than the past but also sets us apart from other companies.
- Strong communicator: You will know when to escalate an issue and when to deal with it directly. You will partner with others on the People team to ensure programs and processes work for all locations.
- Culture fit: You are building and protecting earnin’s culture nationwide, so you must be an extremely strong ambassador of our culture which extends throughout all of our offices.