Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
We are looking for an experienced Brand Strategist to work closely with Product, Design, and Marketing to enhance Earnin’s brand visibility and market share. The ideal candidate will balance creative, strategic and analytical thinking. They will conduct analysis and market research to understand customer behavior and use that information to develop marketing strategies that raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, improve Earnin’s brand positioning and generate revenue. We are seeking people who are driven by collaborative and creative thinking and who are passionate about developing simple and innovative products that customers love.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver brand positioning, messaging hierarchy and communication planning that will allow for product expansion and consumer adoption.
- Create and maintain strategic brand frameworks to accommodate shifting roadmaps, categories, and customer needs.
- Develop playbooks and toolkits for internal and external distribution for teams and partners.
- Ensure adoption and compliance of new branding across key touch points.
- Collaborate on research agenda defining needs for segmentation, positioning and creative testing.
- Collaborate on brand marketing activities and experiences.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure the consistent brand experience for employees, consumers, partners and investors.
- This position reports to the VP of Marketing
What We're Looking For:
- Passion for Earnin’s mission
- 7+ years brand strategy and/or planning experience, preferably with a purpose-driven consumer brand and/or in Fintech.
- Ability to provide clear creative direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes.
- Curiosity, passion, collaborative spirit, optimism to find the answer and work ethic to deliver.
- Talent and experience working with both creative and technical partners.
- Understanding of and ability to work with brand strategy, content strategy, social strategy, and experience strategy.
- Experience with brand campaign roll outs.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Brand agency experience with new brand launches as well as evolving service platforms in Fintech preferred.
- An online portfolio demonstrating the brand work you’ve delivered preferred, but not required.
- Ability to distill complex issues down to a simple story and communicate effectively to different audiences (executive, technical, and marketing).
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and build a market around new concepts and ideas.
- Have strong product instincts and technical curiosity that delivers clear positioning and messaging.
- Have exceptional written, communication, and speaking skills.
- Thrive in a cross-functional environment and can effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and teams.
- Prior Fintech preferred; agency, brand or consultancy is relevant.