Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
- As a Senior Manager, Fraud and Disputes, you'll be joining Earnin Express’ Operations Team to own and drive the strategy, growth, effectiveness, and operational efficiency of our global dispute & fraud Investigations Program. You will build and manage a team of dispute and fraud analysts to maximize investigation decision accuracy and member experience, minimize time to resolution, and maintain regulatory compliance across third party and internal operations. You will partner cross-functionally with our Product, Analytics, Customer Experience, and Compliance Teams in scoping, defining, and prioritizing projects, and building process, policy, and tooling enhancements. The ideal candidate is a seasoned dispute and fraud investigations leader with a proven history of balancing fraud/risk and member experience needs. You will help us ensure our investigations are timely, accurate, and compliant, and that we are well-positioned to scale our operations as we grow.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the Disputes and Fraud Management program
- Team up with the risk, product, and compliance teams to optimize existing controls and strategies as well as develop new ones to improve client experience and/or reduce fraud loss exposure.
- Analyze patterns of customer behavior to identify emerging fraud trends and implement remedial fraud controls and prevention techniques.
- Build internal disputes and fraud management teams as the business grows.
- Champion anti-fraud strategies and manage the delivery of fraud operations initiatives, building and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage the vendor disputes team for disputes investigation, decisions, and resolution.
- Management of network chargeback workflow process; management of representments, arbitration and compliance cases.
- Ensure monitoring and alerting on the fraud activity and establish processes to escalate and resolve system issues with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Analyze productivity and quality assurance reporting to identify performance improvement opportunities and training deficiencies, and team up with training and QA to execute on those opportunities
- Support internal and external audits and due diligence requests
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive knowledge of financial services Fraud and Dispute practices
- 5+ years’ experience with fraud lifecycle; prevention, detection, recovery in Credit Cards/Retail Bank, including risk management, fraud prevention with hands-on fraud investigation, fraud/payment operations or management.
- The ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a technically competent manner.
- Sound understanding of Data Protection, PII, PCI DSS, and credit card industry regulations (Reg Z).
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills and dashboarding experience using data visualization tools
- Experience working with payment processing, authentication, anti-fraud and dispute systems and tools or vendors.
- Management experience that included sourcing and hiring talent, scaling operations, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline