Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
What you'll be doing:
- Work as part of the Legal team and cross-functionally with other teams on a variety of product matters and marketing questions.
- Ensure product and marketing compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations.
- Integrate yourself into the day-to-day operations of the Earnin team, providing legal, business, and strategic advice.
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial contracts, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating service and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier agreements, leases and consulting agreements.
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling.
- Look around corners and creatively solve problems for the business as they plan, build, and execute their product roadmap.
- Work cross-departmentally, including: compliance, marketing, communications, finance, tax, data, analytics, corporate development
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests and coordinate closely with legal department colleagues to ensure delivery of smart, practical advice.
- Train the team on various legal and compliance matters.
- Scale your team and the advice you provide, so that you can do more with less and grow efficiently with the business.
What we look for in you:
- J. D. degree (with at least one State Bar Membership - CA preferred) with 5-7 years of legal experience, including in a comprehensive product counseling role, preferably at a large internet business.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms.
- Familiarity with financial services laws including regulatory regimes administered by State banking departments, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, international equivalents and more general consumer protection concepts/laws including privacy, UDAAP, TCPA/CAN-SPAM, HIPAA and the Communications Decency Act.
- Advanced analytic ability with experience owning projects from concept to finish.
- A collaborative style with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment