Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
We are looking for passionate, and resourceful engineers at all levels to join our Cashout Experience team. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with various teams and contribute to the design and development of our services across mobile and backend. Our team is composed of senior mobile and backend engineers, analysts, product managers, designers and marketers - all working together to ideate, implement, and iterate on Earnin’s core product, Cashout.
This is a remote position.
What sets us apart:
- We’re building a product that inspires fairness across the financial world and helps people not get taken advantage of.
- This team offers an amazing opportunity to make an impact to Earnin’s bottomline.
- We are a highly collaborative team and genuinely enjoy working with each other.
- We believe in empowering our people to be successful.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement features robust enough for our exploding scale.
- Drive the implementation of new features - break down complex problems into its bare essentials, translate this complexity into elegant design, and create high quality, maintainable code.
- Create and maintain test automation to enable continuous integration and development velocity.
- Design and deliver thoughtfully crafted REST APIs to drive the interactions between our client applications and backend services.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design, and architecture reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (data science, design, product, marketing, analytics).
- Leverage a broad skill set and help us implement and learn new technologies quickly.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration.
- Debug production issues across our services infrastructure and multiple levels of our stack.
- Think about distributed systems & services and care passionately about producing high-quality code.
- Assist with opportunity sizing and experiment readouts.
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of Backend development experience in microservices architecture with various databases (such as DynamoDB, MySql) and data pipelines.
- 2+ years of native Android or iOS development experience in a fast-paced environment working on consumer facing features.
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language such as Kotlin (strongly preferred given some of backend microservices are also written in Kotlin along with the native Android codebase), Java, C# or Swift.
- Experienced in developing and writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience with microservices architecture is a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and you have a bias towards action and results.