Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
What You'll Do:
- Propose and lead high-complexity projects, turning vague problems into tightly scoped high-impact projects across the business.
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial contracts, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating service and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier agreements, leases and consulting agreements.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws).
- Work cross-departmentally, including: compliance, marketing, communications, finance, tax, data, analytics, corporate development, and members of Earnin executive leadership to provide practical guidance and identify legal risk on a variety of issues such as commercials transactions, data protection and privacy, marketing and advertising.
- Integrate yourself into the day-to-day operations of the Earnin team, providing legal, business, and strategic advice.
- Develop scaled strategies for addressing risk in business-centric ways and build processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling and look around corners and creatively solve problems for the business as they plan, build, and execute their product roadmap.
- Partner with the People Operations team in areas such as employment and immigration law.
- Assist with corporate governance, strategy, fundraising, compliance and other policies and procedures.
What We're Looking For:
- J. D. degree (with at least one State Bar membership, CA preferred) with 7-10 years of legal experience, including in a comprehensive product counseling role, preferably at a large internet business
- Experience drafting and negotiating different types of commercial technology contracts and policies, including API terms, developer terms, online terms of service, data privacy policies and partner agreements.
- Experience in advising partners in product and marketing teams on data privacy and protection, marketing and advertising compliance.
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms
- Experience working with and presenting to C-suite and VP-level leadership
- Familiarity with data privacy and marketing and advertising compliance laws, including the CPRA, CCPA, UDAP, TCPA/CAN-SPAM,