Engineering Director, Head of Mobile
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the role:
Earnin is a mobile-only company. Mobile Engineering plays a crucial role for our users to interact with our products and services. As the Head of Mobile, you will be responsible for everything related to mobile development in Earnin, from technical vision, prioritization and delivery, and team development and scaling, to building Earnin as one of the best FinTech apps in the world.
This is a high visibility, exciting and impactful role for a visionary leader with strong technology, communication and execution skills to uplevel the future of mobile at Earnin.
What You'll Do
- Drive the technical vision and direction for the mobile organization
- Led the mobile team to work with other engineering and cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality releases at a fast-pace environment
- Work closely with product managers, designers, executives, and other development groups to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Advocate for product quality, introduce and refine product development processes and practices to further improve product and engineering velocity and quality
- Actively involve in design reviews to provide feedback on designs and make sure engineering factors are considered
- Strong proponent of Engineering best practices and has a track record of addressing engineering and system efficiency bottlenecks, Quality First mindset
- Take leadership initiatives to drive changes that can impact the entire engineering organization or the company
What We Look For
- At least 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in mobile app development
- Successful tracking record of launching top-rated consumer-facing mobile apps
- Strong technical understanding of mobile development, hands-on experience with Android and/or iOS development
- Strong technologist with the ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology. Can discuss technical and product issues and resolve development challenges with Engineers.
- Have a great sense on product experience, passionate about building delightful product experience, ability to influence product and UX decisions
- Strong communicator who can comfortably discuss and debate with product teams, sell the business and product vision to engineering teams, collaborate with cross-functional teams to get job done
- Experience of building and managing teams of 30+ individual contributors and middle level managers, tracking record of developing leaders in the organization
- (Nice to have) Startup experience
- (Nice to have) FinTech and/or financial systems experience
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.