Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the role:
Data is at the core of our product and at the core of every decision making process at Earnin. As Head of Data at Earnin, you will be responsible for building and scaling our data organization, including Product Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering. In this role, you will partner closely with owners of critical initiatives throughout the entire company - in product, engineering, analytics, data science, marketing, support, and finance - empowering all of Earnin to build better software and make better decisions with timely, accurate, and contextually relevant data.
This is a high visibility, exciting and impactful role for a visionary leader with strong technology, communication and execution skills to up-level the future of data at Earnin.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure best data practices and play a leadership role in building the data-informed culture throughout the organization
- Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive data adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Work closely with the executive team to explore, define and socialize company priorities. Be a true partner in strategic planning and prioritization
- Provide analytical support to key product and business initiatives, drive product and business insights to power growth, present at executive and board meetings, exercise influence over product and business direction
- Design and implement data dictionary, data infrastructure, model development platform, analytical tools and systems
- Design and deploy machine learning models to power core product experiences, growth, and financial risks
- Strengthen experiments culture and practices across the company
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally
- Provide timely turnarounds on data requests for “one-off” activities, such as conversion rates, product usage anomalies, etc.
- Constantly look for strategic ways to expand the charter of the data science team beyond tactical business support and initiatives
- Implementing data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
- Build high-performance, responsive teams of data scientists, analysts and data engineers that are able to gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately at scale
What We Look For:
- At least 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in data-related roles at leading technology companies at/beyond Earnin’s current scale
- Strong technical understanding of data science, machine learning, analytical methodologies and tools with hands on experience of when to use what and adapting to Earnin's unique needs and scale
- Experience of managing teams of 20+ individual contributors and middle-level managers
- Highly effective communication across the organization, both verbally and in written form, and influencing cross-functional teams
- FinTech and/or financial systems experience strongly preferred
- Startup experience strongly preferred
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.