Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
We’re seeking a Compliance Program Manager with experience in banking, fintech and/or payments products to help develop and implement compliance and regulatory programs, including risk assessment, control assessment and design, training, policies and procedures, complaint management, and 3rd party/vendor management.
The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively about leveraging technology to improve business processes and related compliance programs. The role will report into the Director of Compliance. Preference for candidates based in Palo Alto, CA or Cincinnati, OH.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, manage and update banking compliance program implementation that may include: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers), Reg DD (Truth in Savings) and other regulations
- Manage and implement compliance procedures for new products including identifying applicable requirements and project managing their implementation
- Manage business as usual compliance programs such as: customer identification program, customer due diligence and ongoing monitoring (KYC/AML), and bankruptcy
- Monitor and test effectiveness of policies, procedures, and internal controls which are designed to assess the company’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Develop compliance risk assessments to address regulatory risks for associated compliance programs
- Participate in contract reviews to manage 3rd party risk
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions and escalate when appropriate
- Engage with lines of business to enhance compliance and risk programs to meet changing legal and regulatory requirements and satisfy business needs
- Promote a culture of compliance across the organization
- Advise and guide lines of business in complying with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- 2 to 5 years of experience in consulting and/or strategic and tactical implementation of operating models with a preference for risk, compliance, banking, financial technology or payments focus areas
- Strong knowledge of project management including project plan design and management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Someone who is flexible, adaptable, not afraid to jump in, learn on the job, think critically, ask the right questions, be creative, and get the job done
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of compliance, laws and regulations; we may consider candidates who have a strong interest in this area as well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Individuals who have worked at a management consulting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of banking and or payments operations, operational risks, processes and controls
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.