Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
We are seeking a Treasury Lead to build, own and manage the function. Join the small, but growing Finance team, working closely with the CFO to deliver on key initiatives for the company in 2020. Earnin’s unique business model and product offer interesting opportunities for the treasury function to have outsized impact on company-wide initiatives. Areas of ownership include: cash management and forecasting; debt facility operations; managing external banking & lending relationships; internal expert on Earnin’s debt facilities for cross-functional workflows; shareholder reporting and equity management; and debt capital market functions.
As Treasury Lead you will:
- Manage the treasury function, including meeting short-term and long-term funding needs
- Develop cash and debt management strategies and processes with the goals of minimizing Earnin’s working capital need and reducing our net interest expense
- Manage Earnin’s debt facilities, including the production of borrowing bases and required reporting. Automating and optimizing this critical process is a priority
- Recommend and establish a multi-year roadmap for the company’s debt financing needs
- Contribute to capital market functions, including identifying new debt partners or structures, maintaining existing relationships, and managing capital raises
- Recommend financing structures that optimize the company’s cost, stability, and flexibility of capital
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineer, and internal business partners in the development and optimization of products to ensure the funding and cash flow components are well understood.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with debt covenants and all other other compliance requirements related to debt or cash management
- Manage banking and lender relationships to satisfy reporting requirements, communicate changes to the business, and drive improvements in operational processes
- Own corporate equity administration, including shareholder reporting responsibilities and secondary sales of company equity
- Serve as company’s representative to financial community and shareholders
- Participate in the development of annual operating and business fiscal plans (budgets)
- Other treasury functions may be in scope as the candidate grows the function along with the needs of the business, including tax, corporate risk management, and A/R & A/P vendor management
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance preferred
- Strong treasury background (7+ years of experience in finance and treasury)
- Ideal candidate has relevant treasury experience in fintech or financial institutions. Other relevant experience includes corporate treasury backgrounds with high operational complexity
- Capital market experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and an obsession with driving operational improvements
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical skills, with the ability to handle ambiguity and make risk-based decisions
- The ability and desire to grow the treasury team and successfully manage others
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting, finance and tax
- Knowledge of appropriate treasury software packages
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Verbal and written communication skills