What is Earnin?
Earnin is a company building innovative solutions to some of the toughest financial problems facing people today. Our core tool, Cash Out, reframes the conversation around payday by giving people access to the money they’ve already earned.
Who we are:
We are rethinkers focused on inspiring fairness in the financial system. We consider the community to be part of our team because, in order to make lasting change, we need participation and input from all.
The Pay it Forward Model:
The world is a better place when we all help each other out. With Earnin’s services, people choose what they tip. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes it’s less. And sometimes community members pay it forward to support each other.
● Cash Out enables community members to get paid for the work they’ve already done - without having to wait for payday.
● Balance Shield provides bank balance alerts to help community members monitor their bank account balance. We also offer the option to set up Balance Shield Cash Outs to help our members transfer money they’ve earned to their account to cover upcoming recurring withdrawals.
● Health Aid reaches out to our community members’ medical providers to try to reduce their bill balance and/or find them a budget-friendly payment plan.
● Cash Back Rewards help our community members find cash back when they shop or dine at thousands of participating stores and restaurants.
Why we do it:
A majority of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and spend more on overdraft fees than fresh veggies. It’s clear that the current financial system doesn’t work for us. We’re building a future with financial fairness.
Join a company with a mission you can believe in. At Earnin, we’re focused on building financial tools to empower everyday people. Do you share our passion for people?
About the role:
We are seeking an FP&A analyst to help us take our mission driven organization to the next level of financial and operational effectiveness. Not only would you generate the quantitative analyses and presentations that allow our CFO, department leaders, and CEO to drive the business — but you would also help us level up the processes and systems for planning our next stage of growth. We need the kind of analyst who understands data, builds models, and clearly articulates emerging issues in a highly dynamic environment to audiences across the company — in order to build a stronger, faster growing business.
As FP&A Analyst you will:
- Budgeting - Assist in analyses and business partnering to generate annual budgets and refreshes
- Reporting - Own regular and ad hoc reporting on departmental and company performance
- Forecasting - Lead analyses and business partnering to project outcomes based on new information in a highly dynamic company
- Modeling and Tools - Develop and improve business monitoring tools and financial models
- Operational Projects - Support negotiations and executive decision-making via ad hoc analyses
- FP&A System Design - This role will have input into the design of the FP&A cadence and content
What you’ll bring:
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience, including within FP&A at a high-growth startup
- Strong financial modeling and Excel expertise
- Expertise in SQL (a strong plus)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, often ambiguous environment
- Tools to collaborate across teams
- Strong attention to detail