Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
We're a small but growing people team that is looking for an enthusiastic Accounting Manager to join us in supporting the Company’s tremendous growth. You'll work with colleagues who share the same goals, passion, and vision in building a rapidly growing Silicon Valley start-up.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Have a direct impact on forming a collaborative and cohesive team culture.
- Work WITH us. Not FOR us.
- Be involved with laying the groundwork for our hiring process.
As an Accounting Manager:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather complete and relevant data on a timely basis to adhere to monthly close standards and financial statement reporting;
- Oversee the the cash disbursement and receipt cycle by providing the necessary guidances to business partners, staff accountant, and third party accounting firm;
- Be involved in the complete cycle of Accounting, including researching relevant accounting literature, documenting processes, performing GL reconciliations in support of our existing and evolving operations;
- Assist the team in developing and documenting enhanced policies, procedures, and controls.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required;
- 5+ years of accounting experience with increasing roles and responsibilities, experience managing direct reports
- Must have experience with inter-company transactions, managing multiple subsidiary books, and reviewing payroll
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Netsuite, advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets (100K + records), and advanced formula writing, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; Financial Services experience a plus;
- Significant experience in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors;
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.