What is Earnin?
Earnin is a company building innovative solutions to some of the toughest financial problems facing people today. Our core tool, Cash Out, reframes the conversation around payday by giving people access to the money they’ve already earned.
Who we are:
We are rethinkers focused on inspiring fairness in the financial system. We consider the community to be part of our team because, in order to make lasting change, we need participation and input from all.
The Pay it Forward Model:
The world is a better place when we all help each other out. With Earnin’s services, people choose what they tip. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes it’s less. And sometimes community members pay it forward to support each other.
● Cash Out enables community members to get paid for the work they’ve already done - without having to wait for payday.
● Balance Shield provides bank balance alerts to help community members monitor their bank account balance. We also offer the option to set up Balance Shield Cash Outs to help our members transfer money they’ve earned to their account to cover upcoming recurring withdrawals.
● Health Aid reaches out to our community members’ medical providers to try to reduce their bill balance and/or find them a budget-friendly payment plan.
● Cash Back Rewards help our community members find cash back when they shop or dine at thousands of participating stores and restaurants.
Why we do it:
A majority of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and spend more on overdraft fees than fresh veggies. It’s clear that the current financial system doesn’t work for us. We’re building a future with financial fairness.
Join a company with a mission you can believe in. At Earnin, we’re focused on building financial tools to empower everyday people. Do you share our passion for people?
About the Team:
We're a small but growing people team that is looking for an enthusiastic Accounting Manager to join us in supporting the Company’s tremendous growth. You'll work with colleagues who share the same goals, passion, and vision in building a rapidly growing Silicon Valley start-up.
What Set Us Apart:
- Have a direct impact on forming a collaborative and cohesive team culture.
- Work WITH us. Not FOR us.
- Be involved with laying the groundwork for our hiring process.
As an Accounting Manager:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather complete and relevant data on a timely basis to adhere to monthly close standards and financial statement reporting;
- Oversee the the cash disbursement and receipt cycle by providing the necessary guidances to business partners, staff accountant, and third party accounting firm;
- Be involved in the complete cycle of Accounting, including researching relevant accounting literature, documenting processes, performing GL reconciliations in support of our existing and evolving operations;
- Assist the team in developing and documenting enhanced policies, procedures, and controls.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required;
- 5+ years of accounting experience with increasing roles and responsibilities, experience managing direct reports
- Must have experience with inter-company transactions, managing multiple subsidiary books, and reviewing payroll
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Netsuite, advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets (100K + records), and advanced formula writing, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; Financial Services experience a plus;
- Significant experience in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors;
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.