Job Title: Performance Marketing Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Marketing Team:
We are a tight-knit team of 30 people (and growing fast!). The team works on shaping the brand, expanding the community, and creating content that brings our mission to life. We tend to move quickly, wear many hats, help each other out, and don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you are looking for a team that blends creative and analytical efforts in order to change how the financial system works then you have come to the right place.
The Acquisition Pod in the Marketing team is responsible for finding and converting users to Earnin. Our goal is to ensure that we are always maximizing new user growth, while staying efficient. To achieve this, we are responsible for ensuring we capture the right audiences and convert new users. We do this by understanding our user (demographic, behavior, etc.), constantly improving and optimizing existing channels & the app store pages, establishing strong relationships with our advertising partners, and making sure we’re always testing and finding channels & opportunities. You will work closely with internal partners (Creative, Product, Analytics, Data Science), as well as external partners, to scale Earnin’s user growth.
As a Performance Marketing Manager you will:
- Build and scale marketing campaigns to maximize efficient user growth for existing and new paid channels, including social, in-app video and display, programmatic, and re-targeting efforts.
- Drive continuous improvement and hypothesis-driven experimentation of new optimization tactics to hit monthly volume and efficiency targets.
- Foster significant and productive relationships with all paid media agencies, sales, and technology partners.
- Analyze campaign performance to drive continuous improvement and hypothesis-led testing of new concepts to meet monthly spend and ROI goals.
- Conduct in-depth post-campaign analysis, develop test plans for new user acquisition initiatives, and measure performance to identify testing opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, product, creative, and finance.
- Find creative and innovative solutions for acquisition and make necessary enhancements to drive added value.
Critical skills needed to be considered for the Performance Marketing Manager are:
- 3+ years experience in a quantitative media buying position with mobile acquisition expertise
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing, planning, and executing marketing campaigns and managing a multi-million dollar budget
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical skills, including demonstrated ability of performing data analysis and building data-driven reports
- Strong ownership mindset, focused on continuously improving processes and results
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, excelling at communicating effectively with both internal & external partners
- Results-oriented with a love of exceeding expectations, meeting deadlines, and overcoming obstacles
- Passion for the Earnin mission in building a financial system that works for people
- BS/MS in Applied Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative fields
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.