Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
Site Reliability Engineering team at Earnin is in charge to maintain and improve high availability, overall performance and reliability of our services and products. Be part of a team that is building the foundations of SRE/DevOps principles at Earnin. As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll help us in the mission of delivering an outstanding service to our members while working side-by-side with product engineers.
About the team:
We have a real passion for automation and participate in all aspects of running products and services at scale. We work closely with product engineering teams and share the responsibility of rapidly delivering production-ready features to our members. At the core we define and implement Service Level Objectives (SLOs) using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all of our services. We believe in data-driven decisions to allow us to move quickly while maintaining the product quality for our members. Here are the core focus areas for SRE team:
- Develop production readiness practices for deploying and operating services and train product teams to imbibe these best practices
- Define and improve SLOs and reliability goals in concrete, measurable, objective terms
- Work side-by-side with product teams to maintain and scale our cloud based production platform
- Participate in defining and evolving the role of SRE at Earnin
- Participate in on-call rotation with fellow Earnin engineers for production services
What we are looking for
- You have a software engineering background and are curious about optimizing developer experience
- You emphasize on making data-driven decision
- You are excited to work with cross-functional teams comprised of frontend and backend engineers, product managers and cloud ops engineers
- You have past experience working with large-scale distributed systems, performance, security, and microservice-based architectures
- You enjoy sharing information to reduce organizational silos and communication breakdowns
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in computer science
- You have 4+ years of experience in Devops or SRE role
- You are an expert on Linux or Windows systems and networking protocols
- You have managed production environments at scale in a public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- You are intimately familiar with metrics, monitoring and alerting platforms such as DataDog, Cloudwatch and PagerDuty
- You are familiar with containerizing microservices and running them on Kubernetes
- You have hands on experience with configuration management tools
Familiarity with at least two from each:
- Cloud (AWS): Kineses, SQS, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora, ElasticSearch. EKS
- Observability: DataDog, Cloudwatch, PagerDuty
- DevOps tools: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm, LinkerD, Consul
- Languages: C#, Java, Python, GO
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.