Our financial system is fundamentally unfair for people who live paycheck to paycheck. People shouldn’t have to wait weeks to get the pay they’ve already earned. This wait forces them to spend more than $100 billion a year on short-term credit products, late fees and overdraft fees.
Earnin helps people overcome this unfairness by giving them real-time access to their money as soon as they have worked -- without fees or interest.
Our team is bound together by a desire to level the financial playing field. We are a Series C funding from top-tier investors including DST Global, Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, March Capital Partners, Coatue Management and Ribbit Capital.
You can help make a difference. Join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a creative, proactive, and culture-oriented Office Manager to contribute to the overall functionality, efficiency, and design of our office operations. The ideal candidate will make thoughtful and impactful decisions that will influence the future of Earnin’s culture, people, processes, and environment.
As an Office Manager you will:
- Promote a positive company culture and keep employees engaged by making the office a welcoming and collaborative place to work.
- Assist with remote onboarding and offboarding of employees; create shipping labels and boxes for equipment return, and order swag and equipment to establish a smooth transition.
- Create, implement, and improve internal operational systems, processes, and organizational planning in order to ensure efficiency.
- Own facilities management for all office locations; work with external vendors on building maintenance, improvements, repairs, and contract negotiations
- Plan and organize meaningful and engaging company events (virtual and in-person) throughout the year.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner, and direct them appropriately.
- Provide administrative support as needed in order to enable the company’s continued growth and success.
- Work with team members and external vendors to keep up to date on health requirements to create a safe environment for all employees and visitors.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
Some skills we consider critical to being an Office Manager:
- 3+ years of office management or related experience, preferably within a start-up environment.
- Proactive and innovative thinker who is able to quickly identify the needs of an office and independently find solutions to problems or issues.
- Confidence and ability to take direction well and work with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and passion for getting things done.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High proficiency in Google Applications, including Google Calendar and GMail.
- Experience with vendor management, office supplies, and partnership with other areas including facilities management and Human Resources, among others.
- Knowledge and/or experience with tools including Eden Workplace, Slack, Zoom, and others are highly desired.
Physical and Onsite Demands: Our Palo Alto office is currently open for vaccinated employees to voluntarily enter the office. This Office Manager is expected to be onsite daily. This role requires the employee to be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.