Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
About the Team:
Nothing is more important to us than the trust our customers have placed in us. Earnin Design & Research is responsible for fostering that trust—through diligent customer research, innovative product strategy, and crafting high-quality user experiences.
Our designers and researchers are deployed into cross-functional product pods to work collaboratively, autonomously, and rapidly. We’re tasked with solving the company’s largest challenges during our hyper-growth phase.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic, results-focused Senior Product Designer to join our Design team. The Senior Designer will partner with product managers, engineers, research and leadership to plan and craft incredible user experiences for our community members. We are seeking people who are driven by collaborative and creative thinking who are passionate about developing simple and innovative products that customers love.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists
- strong skills in systems and service design to help us create a stronger multimodal experience
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our community members.
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Earnin Products
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
What We're Looking For:
- Passion for Earnin’s mission
- 5+ years Product Design experience
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Experience working in finance a strong plus
- Eagerness to shape product direction from ideation to post-launch
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, content strategy and user researchers
- Ability to drive work forward
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing recent design projects