Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Solution Engineer in DACH who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are seeking a talented Sales Engineer who will be specially focused on working together and supporting the DACH Sales Team from a technical perspective. You will be an integral part of the sales cycle helping to overcome challenging technical questions and issues.
You will also be working closely with our partners, technical resources and be responsible to make sure that their technical knowledge on Acronis products is up to date and accurate. This is a very dynamic role and you will have the option to evolve and take your career to the next level.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Position solution propositions & build relevance to the customer situation
- Engage with customers, partners, service providers, and broader account team to execute and/or coordinate activities to sell Acronis solutions and increase brand awareness
- Conduct hands-on demonstrations and knowledge transfer of Acronis’ solutions to Service Provider/customers/channel partners
- Develop business proposals outlining Acronis solution to identified business, regulatory, and internal policies & requirements
- Deliver presentations to customers, partners, and public audiences on Acronis’ technology and solutions
- Develop, deliver and/or manage technical validation activities (technical presentations, demos, and proof of concepts)Internal Training covering products/services and competition
- Participate in onsite and remote meetings and roadshows with prospective customers and partners as Acronis technology senior expert, conduct demos, and pitch Acronis products and technologies throughout the sales cycle
- Collaborate with account managers to influence, develop and manage sales account strategies
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical decision-makers, stakeholders, and influencers within target accounts
- Account Management activities
- Understand complex customer needs and develop innovative solutions
- Provide customer and market input to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and other pertinent groups within Acronis
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- English and German language skills are required for this role, additional language skills beneficial
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant position
- Experience in establishing high-level customer relationships and actively working on the customer/reseller/service provider side with the respective interfaces
- Being able to articulate and understand Acronis technologies and the benefits that can be applied with applications of Acronis solutions to the customer environment
- Strong understanding of competitive technologies, competitor positioning, counter-arguments, and emerging technologies
- Analytical / Interpersonal Skills - Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, and have the ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations
- Relevant experience with data centre IT architecture design including cloud-based applications (e.g. Backup, Disaster Recovery, Mobile File Management) & business continuity solutions
- Security / Cyber Security Knowledge in one/some of the following areas: Patch Management, Vulnerability Assessment, EDR, Network Security (e.g Firewall)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft (Linux or other operating-system beneficial), Hyper-V & VMware Virtualization platforms
- An understanding of databases, SQL, Exchange, and SharePoint, knowledge of Oracle, and MariaDB useful
- The ability to confidently articulate technical and business value propositions
- Knowledge of technologies and product offerings for cloud-based services/solutions of competitors plus knowledge and experience of customer and sales opportunity management practices
- Being a team player, proactive and dynamic, prepared to engage on social platforms about relevant technical topics
- High level of discipline, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to travel, including international, if necessary
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.