Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Senior Python Developer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are looking for a developer who will take the responsibility of developing tools for collection of data on partners and prospects of Acronis and data extraction from a variety of web sources and develop internal web-based tools for data consumption by marketing and product management.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop backend services that crawl/scrape data
- Ensure and monitor the validity of the extracted data
- Provide the continuous scrapping workflow without potential banning
- Debug and maintain scrapers
- Develop and document the list of data sources
- Design and implement the data storage procedures
- Define, test and optimize strategies for the calls made to a website
- Build tools lowering the cost of developing scrapers on a new website
- Build Web Application from scratch using Python
- Perform code review, merge code, resolve code conflicts, and deploy to server
- Design and Implementation of API to be consumed by web-developers
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Develop data set processes and be a resource for requirement discovery and development
- Work closely with partner experience, product and marketing teams to establish business requirements
- Contribute to overall business strategy and direction
- Document design, development and delivery of software solutions
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience with web-scraping and APIs
- Experience with data analytics
- Expertise in core Python (Iterators, generators, exception handling, file handling concepts, data types and variables, OOPs Concepts, data Structures)
- Experience with database technologies, such as SQL
- Experience with data visualisation is preferred
- Experience in using libraries including but not limited to NLTK, spaCy, TensorFlow, Pytorch
- Experience in working with tools such as GitHub/Confluence/JIRA
- Excellent scripting and programming skills
- Strong skills in debugging and unit testing
- Proven system troubleshooting and problem-solving skills across platforms
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to write code that consistently passes manual and automated reviews
- Proficient knowledge in Python language with hands-on experience around Database integrations
- Knowledge of application architecture and design principles, including API design
- Good understanding of modeling language at the server-side
- Knowledge of Scrapy and Selenium is an advantage
- Computer science fundamental (Data Structure, Algorithm, Database etc.) knowledge
- Object Relational Mapper (ORM) knowledge
- Interest or knowledge of Machine Learning/Data Science tools is well regarded
*Please submit your resume and application in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.