Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Senior Developer in Test / Automation QA to cover for our colleagues while on maternity leave.
Our team is responsible for integration of the company flagship product Acronis Backup with various virtualization platforms, in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts). Here you will be working on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
- Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues
- Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms
- Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS)
- Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Testing of client-server applications designed to cover backup/recovery of virtualization environments
- Analyze feature requirements, verify product functionality alignment with the requirements
- Design, deploy, install, provision, troubleshoot, and maintain of internal virtualization infrastructure used for testing
- Close collaboration with development teams leaders and architects to understand product requirements
- Develop, maintain and execute manual tests according to functional specifications and other design and product documentation
- Work closely with other teams to assist with troubleshooting of virtualization-related problems: evaluate and analyze issues, performance, and other metrics in order to provide recommendations for product improvements
- Interacting with automation team: preparing test analytics for automation scenarios; run and analyze automated test launch results
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application/hardware/OS/networking related issues
- Analyzing customers’ issues and investigate their root causes and participate in technical discussions with RnD team
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer
- Deep knowledge of Quality Assurance theory: principles, methodologies and techniques
- Strong understanding of website development methodologies and quality processes
- Understanding of REST/JSON web services
- Proficiency in both Linux and Windows operating systems with knowledge in installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience in test-cases development and reporting
- Understanding of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structure and IT security
- Familiar with Virtualization systems
- Knowledge of basic programming/scripting principles would be an additional advantage
- Analytical mindset
- Detail oriented, efficient and organized
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Upper-Intermediate English
*Please submit your CV and application in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.