Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Windows Senior Software Kernel Developer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
You will be responsible for Kernel and other system R&D tasks, software architecture and interfaces design for existing and forthcoming components. You may also be responsible for consulting, educating and managing tasks of other developers in the cases when this might be required and delegated to him by the Kernel Team Director of Development.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be effective in the role of highly experienced kernel-mode and user-mode components developer for Windows platform with the focus on Cyber Protection solutions.
- Be effective it the role of experienced reverse engineer. Communicate with security analysts, malware researchers and reverse engineers in the common tasks.
- Participate in software architecture and interfaces design for both Windows-specific and cross-platform components developed and maintained by the Kernel Team. Participate in integration of those components to higher-level components or products developed by other teams.
- Maintain existing codebase that Kernel Team is responsible for, fix bugs in drivers and components in a timely manner. Communicate with other teams to investigate and resolve complex issues that might require efforts from several different teams.
- Be capable of creating and assigning tasks, managing other developers both locally in Acronis offices (in the cases when this might be required).
- Drive professional growth of the Team Kernel members by sharing knowledge and experience in the following areas: Windows internals, kernel-mode development and information security.
- Ensure that development progress, current issues and risks are clearly communicated to the Kernel Team Director of Development.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 8+ years of overall development experience on Windows. 5+ years of experience in kernel-mode components development.
- Deep knowledge and coding experience in C/C++ languages. Deep knowledge of Windows platform internals. Knowledge in information security field and experience in developing security solutions are highly desirable.
- Experience in development of file systems and/or file systems filters/minifilters drivers would be a strong plus.
- Experience in development of network filter drivers, especially Windows Filtering Platform drivers, would be a plus.
- Experience in writing asynchronous, thread-safe and concurrent code. Experience in writing production-grade code is mandatory.
- Advanced kernel-mode and user-mode debugging skills. Experience in developing extensions / plugins for any debugger would be a plus.
- Good reverse engineering skills, experience with IDA Pro or other similar tools. Good knowledge of assembly language on x86/AMD64 CPU architectures is required. Malware-specific analysis skills are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in software architecture and interfaces (API) design is mandatory. Experience in developing robust and scalable software solutions, performance analysis and tuning would be a plus.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or the equivalent engineering education and experience.
- Intermediate level of English - written and spoken
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
*Please submit your resume and application in English
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.