Acronis has pioneered the new IT discipline of Cyber Protection, which combines data protection and cybersecurity into a unique and integrated approach. The Acronis Cyber Protect solution is a ground-breaking approach with innovative technology that is revolutionizing the industry as we know it. Acronis is entering an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion, and has recently received a $250 million dollar investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing our total valuation to more than $2.5 billion. So we are looking for more talented and hard-working individuals who are ready for a new challenge and will join us on our mission to protect the digital world!
We are looking for an experienced and driven Software Developer in Test to join our engineering team at R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. The goal of this position is to thoroughly test and deliver highest quality software-defined storage developed by the team as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure: the hyper-converged infrastructure solution. This solution is extremely important for Acronis itself and for third-party customers as an infrastructure basis for all sorts of services and as a base for data center infrastructure solutions.
Main goal of the team is to improve and deliver new functionality to the software-defined storage used in following scenarios:
- Archive Storage to keep Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud and Acronis Backup data secure anywhere – on-premise and in public clouds
- AWS S3-compatible Object Storage - cloud storage for applications and cloud services
- iSCSI as a high-performance storage on top of which customers run virtual machines, databases and other IO-intensive solutions
We are looking for the next member of our “A-Team.” Are you a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment? Do you possess a positive can-do, never-give-up attitude? Do you play nice with others on a team? Are you ready to make an impact?
- Design and develop test cases for new features, extend and enhance existing test cases
- Maintain test harnesses for probabilistic low-level testing of the fault tolerant software-defined infrastructure
- Understand and analyse product requirements and communicate with product management team
- Work closely with developers to deliver highest quality new product features and improve existing ones
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python or Go
- Strong understanding of Linux user space and (optionally) Kernel subsystems
- Strong understanding of file systems concepts
- Strong understanding of the network stack
- Excellent understanding of quality concepts, testing methodologies and flavours
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git), task tracking systems (preferably JIRA), CI/CD (like Jenkins), VM and container orchestration (OpenStack, Kubernetes), documenting own code
- At least Upper-intermediate English