As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
This is an individual contributor position that will be responsible for the development of all back-end services of the "Acronis Cyber Files" file-synchronization application based on the client-server model (similar to Box).
The bulk of the development work is in Ruby on Rails. We use Docker and Kubernetes for deployment.
- Design and write code using Ruby on Rails for our existing and new products
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Product team, QA and DevOps to deliver quality software to our customers
- Promote the use of best practice software development techniques to help the team continuously improve
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, preferably developing commercial web services
- Experience in software development with one or more of the following: Ruby, PHP, Python, AngularJS
- Experience with CI/CD. Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Interests in SaaS, security, performance heavy cloud services and related technologies such as RabbitMQ
- Experience in front-end technologies will be considered a plus
- Very good level of English