Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
We are looking for an Expert Support Engineer to support Acronis’ MSP's, partners, and customers in NAM and LATAM, and to function as the main technical support expert for Acronis’ cloud products and services. The Cloud Expert Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving technical incidents, crafting solutions, submitting bug reports, coordinating complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management, etc.), and communicating with customers to their complete satisfaction.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various technical incidents for Acronis’ corporate Cloud customers and partners involving various software, networking, and hardware environments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
- Interact with the various departments to efficiently resolve complex technical customer issues
- Provide technical advice and help train and mentor junior team members by sharing your technical expertise and best practices
- Maintain deep knowledge of Acronis’ operations and products to support client requests in the best possible way
- Stay up to date with the latest changes, trends, and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues
- 4+ years of work experience in an applicable industry and role
- Fluent English and either Spanish or Portuguese (both written and verbally)
- Ability to describe the details on technical issues in all their complexity when needed
- Responsibility and incident management
- Network expertise - knowledge in Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and troubleshooting network services like DHCP, DNS, VPN; network routing and switching management; CCNA/JNCIA as baseline
- Windows Server expertise - knowledge in gathering and analyzing various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer
- Virtualization expertise - knowledge in deploying and managing various enterprise-grade hypervisors: VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V / KVM / Virtuozzo
- Business applications expertise - administrator experience with one or more of the following: Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, HTTP servers)
- Storage systems expertise - knowledge in backend storage configuration and troubleshooting for NFS, iSCSI, S3, NetApp; iLO / iDRAC / IMPI power user; general knowledge of hardware troubleshooting for the enterprise grade servers: Dell, HP, Super Micro)
- Linux/UNIX expertise (application and configuration management; CLI power user; RHCSA as baseline; RHCE is a plus)
- Good communication skills and customer focus
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
- Ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.