As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are a global leader in cyber protection and hybrid cloud solutions. We are continuously investing in research and development (R&D) to ensure we are providing customers with the best protection for their data, apps, and systems using cutting-edge technologies. We are seeking an individual who will lead our R&D department to bring to the next level performance of Acronis Cyber Platform protection engine with the use of machine learning. Applicants should have strong leadership & management skills with records and experience in rapid building and scaling efficient R&D teams. Hands on experience and knowledge in modern ML techniques and data management infrastructure are essential.
- Develop efficient scalable pipelines for systematic data collection and storage, classifiers training, and continuous delivery
- Develop and deliver on ML roadmap established with Product and peers in R&D
- Define and systematically measure KPIs: classifiers performance, model size, data set update cadence
- Build and coach a team of highly talented software architects and developers
- Adopt existing engineering processes & tools, including planning, gap analysis, design, delivery, and quality control
- Manage machine learning R&D projects at all stages from research to production
- Attend management escalations, develop and deliver on remediation plans
- Maintain an extensive network of personal and delivery partner contacts in the technical community for teaming
- Be a single point of source of information about product project work, consult peers on technology matters involving automation domain
- Keep stakeholders at all levels current on progress against roadmap delivery
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MS or PhD in CS or related field
- Broad knowledge in ML algorithms, math, statistics
- 5+ years’ experience leading ML R&D programs, with a track record of delivering commercial software / services
- Knowledge of software architecture and product development
- Solid experience in managing global teams and development of products and solutions to Agile/Scrum/PMI
- Deep knowledge in ML operations
- Experience building and transforming infrastructure for systematic data gathering (public sources, customers) and classifiers training
- Knowledge of Apache stack (Kafka, Airflow, Beam) and cloud services (Google, Azure) involved in building ML pipelines.
- Experience managing ML projects in cyber security is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate across all levels of the organization both technical and non-technical