As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are currently looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our engineering team in our R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. The goal of this team is implementing complex, low-level technologies related to the software-defined storage as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure solution. This solution is not only oriented for internal partners, but it is also the core technology used by Acronis, as other products are built on top of it.
The team you will join provides new functionality, improvements, and maintenance to software storage used in the following usage scenarious:
• Archive Storage to Keep Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud and Acronis Backup data secure anywhere – on-premises and in public clouds
• Object Storage as our own AWS S3-compatible cloud storage for applications and cloud services
• High-performance Storage that allows running virtual machines (VMs) or databases with highly available Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) targets
• NFS service built on top of Object Storage
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C code in both kernel space and user space
- Perform code reviews, implement unit tests, debug, and integrate code
- Work closely with other engineers (including engineers from other teams) to develop new product features
- Suggest and implement improvements on current product functions
- Lead technical initiatives and push continual improvements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong C knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Linux user space and kernel subsystems (especially file system, networking, and memory management)
- Knowledge of software engineering principals (standard algorithms, data structures, multithreading, and multiprocessing)
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.
- At least Upper-intermediate English
Would be a plus:
- Development of Linux kernel modules
- Experience with distributed file systems
- Knowledge of S3/NFS protocols
- Contribution to Open Source project