Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
The Contracts Counsel will primarily be responsible for supporting the Chief Contracts Counsel by drafting, reviewing and negotiating sophisticated customer and vendor contracts for this cloud Cyber Protection company. The Contracts Counsel has a significant impact on the business and works closely with many different departments across the organization. She/he coordinates with Company stakeholders in departments such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Support, Product Management and Data Center Operations to help draft, review, and negotiate contracts with customers and vendors.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years comparable experience.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, including: intellectual property partnership agreements; SAAS, reseller, distributor & OEM agreements; software licenses; master service provider agreements, and consulting and services agreements.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of contract documents, compliance with contractual obligations, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests from other departments by summarizing and communicating legal concepts, and advising on agreement structures and interpretation, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation and monitoring of corporate policies, procedures, and related training in collaboration with other departments and other members of the legal team.
- Help review, update and maintain standard form templates.
- Review non-standard agreements for compliance with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Acronis has a lot of interesting work related to other substantive matters that the employee could handle with some supervision at first, and then independently once she/he has developed the proper skill set to handle these tasks independently.
- Substantial substantive SAAS and Cloud contracts review and negotiation experience is a must.
- Big firm experience and 2 or more years as in-house counsel in a global technology/software/cloud company is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of contract law, with strong knowledge of relevant areas of substantive law (licensing, distribution channels, trademarks and other intellectual property law).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in contract management discipline, process, strategy, and execution, and drafting and negotiating key intellectual property provisions
- Able to confidently and independently lead complex negotiations, and to raise and resolve issues directly, with client, partner and supplier representatives, in diverse global situations.
- Juris Doctor or LLM from a US or foreign accredited university is required.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and listening) with the ability to work with, influence, and inform diverse groups.
- Able to effectively deal with a high-volume work-load, rapid cycles, multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities, with flexibility to work outside of business hours with geographically dispersed colleagues, clients and suppliers.