As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection that solves safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges on the daily basis. We offer innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that can run in the cloud, on-premises or even in a mixture of both worlds. We call that a hybrid cloud. Our innovative approach is trusted by more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries who use our products and services to protect their critical data. In order to implement such world beating functionality we use a variety of advanced technologies, including micro-service architecture, AI and blockchain to start with, that you might be interested in gaining an experience in.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis built a true multicultural team of highly talented professionals who can do amazing things and ready to share their knowledge and experience with candidates who are brave enough to join such a vibrant social environment.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud IT data protection through its backup, active protection against ransomware, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Acronis delivers easy, fast, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud, mobile and applications. Founded in 2003 in Singapore, with global headquarters in Switzerland, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
Acronis is looking for professionals in API documentation to join Acronis Cyber Platform. Acronis Cyber Platform provides deep integration capabilities. Independent software vendors (ISV) can integrate their products with Acronis Cyber Platform or build completely new product utilizing powerful capabilities provided by Acronis Cyber Platform.
To ensure smooth partners experience, Acronis needs to develop a clear, well-defined, coherent, and reliable documentation that would meet the key needs of any ISV or system integrator. We are looking for people who value the melody of structured, detailed, but still readable technical writing and who understand developers needs.
- Write developer’s guides for https://developer.acronis.com/doc, connected to auto-generated API reference and code snippets
- Write Python code snippets demonstrating the described behavior
- Update existing developer documentation to reflect changes in product functionality
- Contribute to Acronis developer’s community
- Suggest improvements and contribute to the development of the SDK documentation platform of the Company, including its connection to RAML, API reference, and auto-uploading to the website
- Communicate with the development team in case of undocumented or poorly documented functions, share feedback to improve the quality of the API reference
- Assume ownership and manage API documentation projects
- Lead junior API writers on the team
- Participate in peer reviews of API guides and references. Create other documentation for enterprise-level software products (best practices, security guides, and so on).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A diploma in engineering, preferably IT or Computer Sciences
- Upper Intermediate or higher level of knowledge of the English language
- Experience in documenting APIs or intensive working with some public REST APIs
- Good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of HTTP and OAuth 2.0
- Experience with Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Capable to work independently in a fast moving environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to quickly switch context when needed
- Result-oriented individual
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of reStructuredText or Markdown is considered a strong plus
- Knowledge of RAML, Sphinx, Jenkins is considered a strong plus
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Experience with Postman or other API clients is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerShell, C#, PHP, GO, Java, or other scripting or programming language is considered a plus
- MS SQL, MS Exchange, virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, Citrix), Active Directory
- Experience with bash