As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud IT data protection through its backup, active protection against ransomware, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Acronis delivers easy, fast, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud, mobile and applications. Founded in 2003 in Singapore, with global headquarters in Switzerland, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are looking for experienced Development Team Leader to join our cross-functional team in Acronis R&D center in Sofia. This team is working closely with strategic Service Provider partners and Enterprise customers (like BMW, Bosch, Siemens and others) to analyze their needs and then design and implement solutions that extend our core Acronis Cyber Protect product and Acronis Cyber Cloud platform.
This person will be leading team of Software Developers and QA engineers responsible for delivering of high quality results on variety of projects. In this role, he (or she) will be identifying, driving and tracking strategic initiatives; generating strategy that ensures the goals set for the R&D organization are achieved; implementing closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are realized; creating and executing a development roadmap; development and professional growth of each team member.
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
- Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Software Development
- 2+ years in a Development managerial role and people management experience including hiring and developing QAEs and SDETs
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills and desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks, comfortable working without routine supervision
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Very good level of English.