Acronis has pioneered the new IT discipline of Cyber Protection, which combines data protection and cybersecurity into a unique and integrated approach. The Acronis Cyber Protect solution is a ground-breaking approach with innovative technology that is revolutionizing the industry as we know it. Acronis is entering an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion, and has recently received a $250 million dollar investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing our total valuation to more than $2.5 billion. So we are looking for more talented and hard-working individuals who are ready for a new challenge and will join us on our mission to protect the digital world!
Acronis has just opened a new office in Herzliya, Israel and has plans to invest around $80 million into the new location during the next five years. The new Israeli R&D center will be at the forefront of cyber protection research and development, becoming one of the key sites in our international network of research centers, alongside our Swiss, Singaporean, Bulgarian, and North American locations (https://www.acronis.com/en-us/blog/tags/cpoc).
As a Cybersecurity Researcher you will contribute building and maintaining automated infrastructure to collect, classify and detect cyberthreats like ransomware, malware, viruses and phishing. You will also work closely with our cyber security researchers, building tools to automate their day-to-day operations. Also you will setup monitoring and alerting tools to ensure that our customers always obtain fast and accurate cyber protection.
We’re looking for the next member of our “A-Team.” Are you a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment? Do you possess a positive can-do, never-give-up attitude? Do you play nice with others on a team? Are you ready to make an impact?
Perform research in some of the following areas of server and endpoint protection:
- Vulnerability assessment and configuration assessment;
- Network security, intrusion detection and protection, including web applications protection;
- Prevention and detection of attacks that utilize malware/hacktools and targeting Linux/UNIX systems.
- Develop, support and tune vulnerability, misconfiguration and threat detection rules.
- Conduct online research of latest cyber threats and ensure it can be prevented/detected with existing technologies. Share research results in blogposts and articles.
- Analyze suspicious scripts, traffic, websites and their contents both found "in the wild" or retrieved from customers, adding latest threat detections or fixing false alarms.
- Design, develop and monitor automation scripts and pipelines to minimize manual efforts required from analysts/researchers.
- Advise colleagues and customers about real-world attacks and the corresponding detection / prevention countermeasures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a system administration / system or web development / security audits for some of the following: RHEL (CentOS) / Debian / Ubuntu;
- Deep understanding of common cyber attack techniques and methods; network protocols; vulnerability and configuration assessment
- Knowledge of Linux security subsystems, tools and conceptions, including logging abilities
- Decent skills in configuring at least one of: web / application / database / mail servers running on Linux/UNIX
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Upper-intermediate English
Would be a plus:
- Technical security certifications like OSCP (the best choice) or CEH or proven experience in security assessments
- Skills in configuring at least one of: web / application / database / mail servers running on Linux/UNIX
- Practical skills in security scanners, vulnerability & configuration assessment tools, SIEMs, WAFs, traffic analysis software
- Background in development security software or routine security task automation
- Knowledge of OWASP methodologies
- Skills in programming languages enough for fast PoC creation (Python, shell, etc.)
- Decent experience with other UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of PHP v5+ language
- Practice in reverse engineering and corresponding methods, techniques and tools
- Some Machine Learning skills or wish to improve yourself in this area
- Experience with virtualization, containerization and cloud technologies
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.