Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
We are looking for an Expert Support Engineer to support Acronis’ Hosting partners and customers in NAM, and to function as the main technical support expert for Acronis’ Hosting/Cloud products and services. The Expert Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving technical incidents, crafting solutions, submitting bug reports, coordinating complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management, etc.), and communicating with customers to their complete satisfaction.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various technical incidents for Acronis’ customers and partners involving various software, networking, and hardware environments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
- Interact with the various departments to efficiently resolve complex technical customer issues
- Provide technical advice and help train and mentor junior team members by sharing your technical expertise and best practices
- Maintain deep knowledge of Acronis’ operations and products to support client requests in the best possible way
- Stay up to date with the latest changes, trends, and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues
- 4+ years of work experience in an applicable industry and role
- 2+ years of work experience with hosting services
- Fluent English, both written and verbal
- Ability to describe the details on technical issues in all their complexity when needed
- Great communication skills and customer focus, ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Responsibility and incident management
- Hosting platforms professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: Plesk, cPanel, WHMCS)
- Network professional (know how to use Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Windows Server (know how to gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer) or Linux/UNIX professional (application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user) is a plus
- Virtualization (know how to deploy and manage Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V clusters) is a plus
- Passion for troubleshooting, ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
- Good communication skills and customer focus
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
- Ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.