As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are looking for a Technical writer to support documentation kit of a worldwide cutting-edge technological solution - Acronis Backup Cloud.
We make tools to help enterprises back up and manage ever-expanding data. Our products involve cutting-edge technologies and deal with physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Acronis software is used in 145 countries around the world and available in up to 25 languages.
- Writing online help and user/administrator/developer guides in English, from scratch, in parallel with the software development process
- Creating other documentation for enterprise-level software products (best practices, hardware configuration guides, knowledge base articles)
- Writing and reviewing GUI text strings as part of the software development process
- Analyzing functional specifications to identify documentation requirements
- Planning the documentation delivery in accordance to the software delivery timeline
- Contributing to the development of internal processes, standards, and tools of the Technical Documentation team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ year of experience in technical writing
- Good understanding of task-oriented, topic-based approach to documentation
- Understanding of the Software development life cycle
- Understanding in source control systems, issue tracking systems, and content management systems
- An eye for detail and consistency
- Upper Intermediate English
Would be a plus:
- familiarity with any of the following technologies - Linux OS, MS SQL, MS Exchange, virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, Citrix), Active Directory
- Attractive remuneration
- Sport card
- Meal vouchers
- Supplemental Health insurance
- Tickets for conferences and seminars
- Challenging atmosphere and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company