Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Senior Support Expert Engineer (DR/Storage Team) to join our Support department. The Senior Support Expert Engineer will be responsible for being the main support technical expert in specific Company’s products or services. Be the person responsible for resolving the customers’ technical incidents using your own expertise and extensive cooperation with the Company’s Engineering departments, craft solutions, submit bug reports, coordinate complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management), communicate with the customers to their complete satisfaction.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Work on resolving various technical incidents for the Company’s customers involving various software, networking and hardware environments.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers able to thrive in the ever-changing work environment.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.).
- Maintain deep knowledge of Company operations to support client requests effectively.
- Interact with various departments to analyze and resolve problems.
- Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses.
- Provide for the development of junior staff within the work group through mentoring and technical guidance.
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues.
- Linux/UNIX expertise (application and configuration management; CLI power user; RHCSA/LFCS as baseline; RHCE/LFCE is a plus)
- Windows Server expertise (knowledge in gathering and analyzing various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer)
- Storage systems expertise (knowledge in backend storage configuration and troubleshooting for NFS, iSCSI, S3, NetApp; iLO / iDRAC / IMPI power user; general knowledge of hardware troubleshooting for the enterprise grade servers: Dell, HP, Super Micro)
- Network expertise (knowledge in Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and troubleshooting network services like DHCP, DNS, VPN; network routing and switching management; CCNA/JNCIA as baseline)
- Virtualization (knowledge in deploying and managing various enterprise-grade hypervisors: VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V / KVM / Virtuozzo / Openstack)
- Good communication skills and customer focus
- Passion for troubleshooting, ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
- Ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)