Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Hosting Expert Engineer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are looking for a Hosting Expert Engineer in specific Company’s products or services. Be the person responsible for resolving the customers’ technical incidents using your own expertise and extensive cooperation with the Company’s Engineering departments. Craft solutions, submit bug reports, coordinate complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management), communicate with the MSPs to their complete satisfaction.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Troubleshoot both software and hardware for complex scenarios, direct access to the infrastructure in both Acronis and customers' environments
- Perform technical analysis of customer issues and define plan for fixing them
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- Direct involvement with the product and engineering teams
- Provide technical advices to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses
- Create Knowledge Base articles, best practice guides and other documentation
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Fluent English (both verbal and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- Ability to describe the details on technical issues in all their complexity when needed
- 4 or more years of work experience in hosting services
- Great communication skills and customer focus, ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Responsibility and incident management
- Hosting platforms professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: Plesk, cPanel, WHMCS)
- Network professional (know how to use Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Windows Server (know how to gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer) or Linux/UNIX professional (application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user) is a plus
- Virtualization (know how to deploy and manage Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V clusters) is a plus
- Passion for troubleshooting, ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.