Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Expert Support Engineer to join our Americas Customer Support team and become one of our ultimate experts on resolving complex and challenging incidents related to our products and services. The Expert Support Engineer will serve as the last line of support for our customers and will focus on troubleshooting the more complex issues escalated by other support teams. This position offers an opportunity to become an expert engineer in troubleshooting Acronis' world-class cyber protection solution, Acronis Cyber Protect. We expect all of our Expert Support Engineer's to deliver excellence in both technical expertise and customer service. They will also work closely with other internal teams to ensure Acronis is delivering the best products and services possible.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various technical incidents for Acronis' corporate customers and partners across various software, networking, and hardware environments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners
- Interact with the Engineering (Development, QA, Data Center Operations, etc.) and Business (Professional Services, Product Management, etc.) departments to efficiently resolve complex technical customer issues
- Play your part in training and mentoring junior team members by sharing technical expertise and best communication practices
- Participate in developing documentation, knowledge base, and technical articles on Acronis' products
- Maintain deep knowledge of Acronis' operations and products to support customer requests in the best possible way
- Stay up to date on the latest changes, trends, and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced Tier 2 technical support role
- Fluent English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
- Experience and skills must include:
- Windows Server - gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps, application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer
- Linux/UNIX - application and configuration management, CLI power user, RHCSA/LFCS required, and RHCE/LFCE is a plus
- Networking - Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf, experience deploying and troubleshooting network services like DHCP, DNS, VPN, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers and CCNA/JNCIA
- Virtualization expertise - deploying and managing various enterprise-grade hypervisors such as, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, and Virtuozzo
- Business applications - MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, and NTP servers
- Good communication skills and customer service focus.
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues.
- Ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
*PLEASE SEND RESUME IN ENGLISH WHEN APPLYING TO THIS JOB