As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
As a Solutions Engineer in Acronis, you will work closely with the Sales Team to execute pre-sales activities that will drive Sales activities within the region assigned. The Solutions Engineer must drive adoption of Acronis’ products and solutions in customer and partner settings by articulating the strengths of Acronis’ solutions, understanding the requirements and match the solutions to deliver the wins.
- Deliver presentations to customers, partners, service providers and public audiences on Acronis’ technology and solutions
- Analyze prospective partners’ and customers’ business requirements, go to market strategy, security, audit, retention, and other policies associated with protection or transfer of the data
- Develop responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Develop business proposals outlining Acronis solution to identified business, regulatory, and internal policies & requirements
- Participate in meetings as Acronis technology expert, conduct demos and pitch Acronis products and technologies throughout the sales cycle
- Facilitate and manage customer evaluations, and proof of concept activities for Acronis’ solutions
- Perform technical issues troubleshooting, and drive issue resolution during the pre-sales process
- Position compelling solutions targeted at solving the customer’s business problems, over and above specific technical requirements, and acting as technical advisor to the customer
- Conduct hands-on demonstrations and knowledge transfer of Acronis’ solutions to customers/channel partners
- Delivering Acronis trainings to partners
- Provide customer and market input to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and other pertinent groups within Acronis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience as Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer supporting sales and designing customer solutions based around storage software, storage hardware and/or backup software and hardware
- Good understanding of IT storage software and computing architectures, including experience in storage and storage infrastructure, networks, operating systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of the Storage and Backup industry with the ability to evaluate the competitive strengths and weaknesses of products
- Knowledge Cloud platforms like MS Azure, AWS
- Knowledge of Virtualization platforms like VMware, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Databases like, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, storage networks (SAN/NAS), Backup/Recovery, DR and BC (Business Continuity)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Ability to translate customers business requirements into technical solutions which deliver genuine benefits back to the business
- Self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic, showing an intense entrepreneurial mindset
- Pro-active, organized and independent individual with strong negotiation and project management skills
- Fluent English and Russian