As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are looking for a Senior Expert Support Engineer to support Acronis’ MSP's, partners, and customers in LATAM, and to function as the main technical support expert for Acronis’ cloud products and services. The Sr. Expert Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving technical incidents, crafting solutions, submitting bug reports, coordinating complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management, etc.), and communicating with customers to their complete satisfaction.
We are looking for a Hosting Expert Engineer who will function as the main support technical expert in specific Company’s products or services. You will be the person responsible for resolving the customers’ technical incidents using your own expertise and extensive cooperation with the Company’s Engineering departments. Craft solutions, submit bug reports, coordinate complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management), communicate with the MSPs to their complete satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot both software and hardware for complex scenarios, direct access to the infrastructure in both Acronis and customers' environments
- Perform technical analysis of customer issues and define plan for fixing them
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- Direct involvement with the product and engineering teams
- Provide technical advices to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses
- Create Knowledge Base articles, best practice guides and other documentation
- 4+ years of work experience in hosting services
- Hosting platforms professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: Plesk, cPanel, WHMCS)
- Responsibility and incident management
- Ability to describe the details on technical issues in all their complexity when needed
- Network expertise - knowledge in Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and troubleshooting network services like DHCP, DNS, VPN; network routing and switching management; CCNA/JNCIA as baseline
- Windows Server expertise - knowledge in gathering and analyzing various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer
- Virtualization expertise - knowledge in deploying and managing various enterprise-grade hypervisors: VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V / KVM / Virtuozzo
- Business applications expertise - administrator experience with one or more of the following: Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, HTTP servers)
- Storage systems expertise - knowledge in backend storage configuration and troubleshooting for NFS, iSCSI, S3, NetApp; iLO / iDRAC / IMPI power user; general knowledge of hardware troubleshooting for the enterprise grade servers: Dell, HP, Super Micro)
- Linux/UNIX expertise (application and configuration management; CLI power user; RHCSA as baseline; RHCE is a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues
- Good communication skills and customer focus
- Fluent English (both verbal and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- Attractive remuneration
- Public Transport Support
- Multisport card
- Additional Health & Dental insurance
- Annual paid leave of 25 working days
- Free fresh fruits in the office
- Free drinks (Coffee/Tea/Water)
- Free parking slot
- Tickets for conferences and seminars
- Challenging atmosphere and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company
- Offsite events and parties