As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis' Virtualization Backup team is responsible for integration of the company flagship product (Acronis Backup) with various virtualization platforms in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts).
In Virtualization Backup team, you will be working on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
- Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues
- Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS)
- Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore
- Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms
Virtualization team works both on implementation of brand new features and fixing existing product-related issues.
- Participate in building of automated testing framework
- Design, code and execute automated test scenarios
- Maintain and design test environments required for tests execution and manual tests
- Work with other teams to understand the business requirements and logic, relevant use cases, scenarios and functional flows for the system under test
- Participate in manual testing of the product features
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in tests automation development
- Experience with Python OR another programming language (e.g., Golang, Java, C#) with strong Python basics and motivation to further your experience in it
- Experience with any virtualization platforms (VMware, Microsoft Hyperv, KVM)
- Ability to work independently
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Cloud platforms and services
- Experience with backup software
- Experience with behavior-driven development (BDD)