As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud IT data protection through its backup, active protection against ransomware, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Acronis delivers easy, fast, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud, mobile and applications. Founded in 2003 in Singapore, with global headquarters in Switzerland, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are looking for experienced Solution Architect to join our team in Acronis Disaster Recovery. The focus of this position is taking the responsibility for the DRaaS solution architecture development and providing technical consultancy for the Product Management, DC Operations, and Support teams.The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven record of accomplishment in enterprise solutions design within the globally distributed Data Centers.
- Develop and maintain integrated, standardized solutions and services for the DRaaS Product to serve large customer needs
- Conduct technical research, including technologies review and decisions making, define and develop high-level component specifications and diagrams
- Work with Product Management and Dev Leads on the development of the technical solution to overcome current product limitations towards cost-effective and highly competitive DRaaS product
- Provide and maintain migration, scaling out and configuration changes procedures to ensure key performance metrics delivery
- Establish monitoring and reporting tools and procedures to secure key performance metrics and capacities availability
- Work with Professional Services, DC Operations, R&D, Support, and other departments to clear technical roadblocks customer faces at implementation and post-implementation stages
- Build and maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the DRaaS Product among Acronis internal and external organizations by providing consultations and technical coaching to the development team, DC Operations team, and Support
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years in Solution Architecture/ Technical Account Manager role in a software or systems integration company
- 5+ years of technical hands-on experience in several of the following areas: Compute, Virtualization, LAN, SAN, DC/infrastructure design/operations, DBs administration, Python scripting, dashboards/reports
- Strong understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies on application (DB, VDI, Domain, and oth. systems) and HW (Compute, LAN, SAN, Security) levels
- Hands-on experience and a good understanding of one or more of the following solutions: Commvault, Zerto, Flexential, Druva, or other Enterprise DR
- Proven ability in software and HW infrastructure architecture for the new and existing data protection and disaster recovery technologies for large enterprises
- Strong understating of enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies, and applications
- Ability to deliver results while working with remote, virtual, and cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Familiar with system development and operational process methodologies
- Ability to write technical documentation in a format understandable and usable by on- and off-shore Level I, II, and III personnel
- Ability to take input from multiple sources and be able to formalize stable, cost-effective solutions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English