As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
Virtualization backup team is responsible for integration of the company flagship product (Acronis Backup) with various virtualization platforms, in order to perform backup and restore operations with virtual machines (and hypervisor hosts). The team works both on implementation of brand new features and fixing existing product-related issues.
In Virtualization backup team, you will be working remotely on various challenging issues from various fields, such as:
- Figuring out in-depth work of VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo and other hypervisors to address platform-specific issues;
- Deep understanding of file systems management and parsing (FAT, NTFS, Ext, XFS, ReFS);
- Understanding the boot sequence of operating systems to ensure bootability across different virtualization platforms during VM backup and restore;
- Performing integration with Azure, Google, Oracle, Amazon clouds, XenServer platforms.
- Development of Acronis products integration with new virtualization platforms and implementation of other product features related to virtualization
- Troubleshooting and fixing discovered issues
- Performing code reviews; implementing unit tests; debugging and integrating the code
- Usage of cutting-edge tools for agile development and for monitoring such as git, JIRA, Resharper C++ etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- Demonstrable expertise in building, deploying, monitoring, and debugging highly-scalable applications using С++
- Knowledge in any one of the Platforms such as Windows and related development technologies with hands-on experience
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts (e.g. Multi-Threading, OS internals, Networking, TCP/IP protocol, IPC mechanisms)
- Experience with debugging tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, GDB, WinDbg) and reverse engineering
- At least average system administration skills (Windows, Linux, Network, File systems)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the Python, Golang is plus
- Very good level of English