As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are currently looking for a Python Backend Developer to join remotely our Engineering team in our R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. Our team is working on an Acronis Cyber Infrastructure product that provides a software-defined infrastructure built on top of the distributed storage with different storage services, backup gateway, and compute. This solution is not only oriented for internal partners, but it is also the core technology used by Acronis, as other products are built on top of it. The team you will join is responsible for UI REST API development, cluster lifecycle management, VMs management, services deployment orchestration, providing highly available services, monitoring, and product updates.
- REST API development
- Services management, updates, monitoring
- Real customers maintenance
- Participation in Acronis Cyber Infrastructure product development which includes:
- storage services management API
- compute services management API development which inlcudes virtualization, IaaS, SDN, k8saaS, LBaaS
- monitoring and alerting based on Prometheus and Alert manager
- node management, rolling updates, HA management
- integration autotests implementation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional experience using Python
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Ability to improve existing code
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Fluent English
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Open Source projects working experience
- Libvirt, OpenStack knowledge
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud knowledge
- Linux kernel-mode/user-mode programming experience
- Virtualization technology understanding
- Windows/Linux/FreeBSD kernel internals understanding
- Ansible, Bash, Docker