Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
Partner and Channel Development Engineer is a key member of the Acronis Sales organization and is responsible for delivering ongoing support, guidance and enablement for key Service Providers within the region. This role is comprehensive and requires an Engineer to work in both a pre-sales and post-sales manner; coordinating between various departments with a clear strategy to foster a mutually beneficial relationship between Acronis and the Partners Organization. This position reports directly to the Manager of Solutions Engineering.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Assisting Cloud Distributor or Service Provider with recruitment efforts for: high value prospects, compliance heavy verticals, unique use-cases
- Full sales cycle assistance for targeted prospects
o Objections handling
- Enabling/educating partner engineering Team:
o Acronis technologies
o Acronis use cases
o Acronis services
o Acronis pre-sales processes and tools
- Running joint events w/ Cloud Distributor or Service Provider
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed on regular basis on the progress of presale engagements with prospective partners and customers.
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders and influencers within strategic accounts with a significant focus placed on continuous discovery, gap analysis and new opportunities development
- Develop business proposals outlining Acronis solution to identified business, regulatory, and internal policies & requirements
- Provide enablement services to newly acquired accounts
- How to provision customers, configure reporting, protect the first customer and leverage integrations to increase platform adoption and efficiency
- Provide strategic assistance for Cloud Distributors and Service Provider’s during migration activities from other vendors in favor of our platform and services
- Aid in growth of SP’s thru the activities mentioned above, as well as 1:1 assistance to address their unique scenario(s)
- Assessing partner’s business, technical and operational environment
- Assisting with new services launch: Cyber Protect, DR, Files Cloud, Appliance
- Deep understanding of Service Provider: business workflows and go-to-market strategies
- Knowledge of integrations which includes a practical understanding of the RESTful API
- Good understanding of IT storage software and computing architectures, including experience in storage and storage infrastructure, networks, operating systems and applications.
- Good working knowledge of SAN/NAS, Networking and Backup
- Strong knowledge of the Storage and Backup industry with the ability to evaluate the competitive strengths and weaknesses of products.
- Backup and/or Storage solution design experience
- Knowledge Cloud platforms like MS Azure, AWS
- Knowledge of Virtualization platforms like VMware, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Databases like, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, storage networks (SAN/NAS), Backup/Recovery, DR and BC (Business Continuity).
- Security knowledge / Security certification are welcome
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Good presentation skills (incl. C-Level)
- Ability to translate customers business requirements into technical solutions which deliver genuine benefits back to the business.
- Strong technical background in backup/disaster recovery/storage areas of expertise
- Strong knowledge of TCP IP stack and networking principles; Proven track of record in managing IT projects;
ANALYTICAL / INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Must have prior experience interacting with or working in the Service Provider space
- Must be an articulate, persuasive and polished oral and written communicator, able to effectively discuss and negotiate around technical issues.
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, and have the ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be a confident and assertive professional, acting as an independent but also capable of working within a team.
- Must display effective management of time and resources with strong project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field such as information science, information security or similar;
- At least 5 years of experience in IT industry;
- At least 3 years of experience in IT solutions sales and support;
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role in IT industry.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.