Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
The Contracts Counsel will primarily be responsible for supporting the Chief Contracts Counsel by drafting, reviewing and negotiating sophisticated customer and vendor contracts for this cloud Cyber Protection company. The Contracts Counsel has a significant impact on the business and works closely with many different departments across the organization. She/he coordinates with Company stakeholders in departments such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Support, Product Management and Data Center Operations to help draft, review, and negotiate contracts with customers and vendors. About one quarter of her/his time will be spent on human resources, litigation, governance, tax, finance and other business support related matters.
The ideal candidate will have two to four years comparable experience and be admitted to a bar.
The candidate must be very detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated. She/he must possess a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn. She/he must be hands-on, dependable, and committed - someone who is results oriented and can be relied upon to execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment. Just like every other position here at Acronis, she/he must embody the five Acronis values: responsive, alert, detail oriented, make decisions, and never give up. She/he must be committed to supporting and assisting other members of the legal team, building cooperative relationships and ensuring the success of the team as a whole.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, including: intellectual property partnership agreements; SAAS, reseller, distributor & OEM agreements; software licenses; master service provider agreements, and consulting and services agreements.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of contract documents, compliance with contractual obligations, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests from other departments by summarizing and communicating legal concepts, and advising on agreement structures and interpretation, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation and monitoring of corporate policies, procedures, and related training in collaboration with other departments and other members of the legal team.
- Help review, update and maintain standard form templates.
- Review non-standard agreements for compliance with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Acronis has a lot of interesting work related to other substantive matters that the employee could handle with some supervision at first, and then independently once she/he has developed the proper skill set to handle these tasks independently.
- 2 to 4 years of substantive prior SAAS and Cloud contracts review and negotiation experience is a must.
- 2 to 4 years as in-house counsel in a global technology/software/cloud company is required.
- Advanced knowledge of contract law, with strong knowledge of relevant areas of substantive law (licensing, distribution channels, trademarks and other intellectual property law).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in contract management discipline, process, strategy, and execution, and drafting and negotiating key intellectual property provisions.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.