Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
Acronis brings advanced cyber protection solutions to its customers. As a Cybersecurity Analyst at the global Cyber Protection Operations team, you will be fighting against modern malicious cyber threats by reverse engineering latest threats and creating security definition for Acronis products. As an expert in cyber threats you will participate in the development of new threat detection technologies, including automation and machine learning methods.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Analyze suspicious files (executables, scripts, office documents), websites, memory dumps
- Develop, support and tune threat detection rules
- Conduct online research of latest cyber threats and ensure it can be detected with existing technologies. Share research results in blogposts and articles
- Monitor automated detection pipelines to ensure high detection accuracy
- Process customer requests to analyze suspicious files, adding latest threat detections or fixing false alarms
- Understanding of common cyber attack techniques and methods; common types of malware; network protocols; OS internals (primarily Windows, but macOS and Linux would be a plus)
- Experience in malware analysis (windows executables, exploits, scripts):
- Static (e.g. IDAPro, Ghidra) and dynamic/behavioral malware analysis (e.g. OllyDBG);
- Network traffic analysis (Wireshark)
- Extensive experience with threat intelligence tools: VirusTotal, Shodan, MISP/other feed collections, analysis with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Software development experience: Python, REST APIs, SQL, Regular expressions. C/C++ would be a plus
- Flexibility and proven ability to learn new things/skills fast. Unbeatable curiosity. Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Good reading and writing English skills
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.