This position will support the Finance Manager, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ), in the overall Finance function for Acronis business within APJ region, particularly but not limited to Australia and Japan.
- Handling monthly and year end closing activities covering GL, AP, Fixed assets and Banking reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journals and supporting schedules for local and Corporate Finance reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Performing monthly and quarterly analysis for Corporate Finance and management reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure day-to-day transactional accounting, cashflow management and financial reporting are executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Banking, petty cash and corporate card management.
- Assist in GST submission, filing activities and overall tax compliance.
- Liaise with auditors, tax agent, corporate secretary and local authorities as required by local laws and regulations.
- Ensure internal control policies and procedures are in compliance with Company policies, local Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Identify improvement areas and initiate good accounting control procedures and best practices to enhance accounting quality and efficiency
- Perform order processing activities. Manage incoming orders in accordance with established procedures and work directly with partners/customers and internal departments.
- Additional ad hoc projects and assignments as required.
- You should possess minimally a Degree in Accountancy / Finance and have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in executing transactional accounting, financial controls and reporting
- You should preferably have good knowledge of IFRS and/or local FRS
- Though not a pre-requisite, audit experience from a Big 4 auditing firm preferred
- Besides being a team player, you should be organized, process oriented and also meticulous with an eye for detail
- You should be focused on the end-results, constantly striving to deliver outstanding performance
- Proficient in English and Japanese language
- Ability to meet deadlines